Facial recognition App Development – How it works?
Facial recognition systems are growing increasingly popular. The systems measure and match unique facial characteristics to identify and authenticate the person’s identity. The face scanning technology integrates the camera with the facial recognition software in order to detect the images, and match them with the database. It is mostly used by law enforcement agencies that constantly need to identify people, either the victim or the accused.
Snapchat’s “lenses,” more colloquially known as selfie filters or just “filters,” may seem like a totally inane feature. But it turns out the facial recognition technology behind them is advanced, impressive… and a tad scary. A lot of banking software is also using this facial recognition system which can help authenticate the person, and allow them to access the banking system, and complete the transactions. In fact, certain mobile devices use it as a way to allow the user to access the device. There are many applications for the facial recognition system in the digital era.
How facial recognition systems work?
As explained in the introduction, they match the facial characteristics to identify the person in question. The physical features aim to point out towards characteristics that make the person unique. The data is taken using a camera or other sources, and that data input is then matched with the existing data logged into the system or the server. First, the detection occurs using a camera. Once the detection phase is over, you will come across the phase where the faceprint for the detected face is created. Finally, the two are matched and identification gets complete.
Suppose there are CCTV cameras in a mall that are used to capture the face. These CCTV cameras will be the face detection point. Once the detection is complete, the faceprint is created in a computer. Finally, the faceprint is matched with the database stored locally in the mall’s computer. The faceprint will have the appropriate facial features and orientation.
Facial recognition app development
There are a few things that you might want to keep in mind when developing your very first facial recognition app.
1. Have you devised a development strategy to start with? This would be the first step towards developing your very own facial recognition app.
2. The development strategy is a result of goal definition. If you are clear about your goals, and what you want to achieve, you are probably ready for the development strategy.
3. What is goal definition? What exactly do you wish to achieve from the app- an answer to this question will help you with goal definition. Are you devising an app for entertainment or, are you devising an app solution to keep up with the security requirements?
4. If you are developing a commercial app, you would need to integrate the camera into your app to take your photo experience to another level altogether. The camera should be auto-detected in this case, and the social media profiles should be linked to the app in case your user wants to load it to social media
5. If you are building the app for biometric purposes, the whole method for developing the app solution will change. It will enhance the security technologies. The best part is you won’t need to integrate any hardware to the app, thus reducing the complexities. Selfies are the way to biometrics with such apps. You will need to click a selfie using the app and save it to the database. Every time, you log in, you use the facial recognition app, which will match with the existing picture, and allow you to log in. This will not only prevent others from logging onto your system but also save you from the trouble of remembering a password
6. The developers will need to encrypt the selfies taken, and use them in order to create the database for your device or app. You will need to process this encrypted image into your app for future use.
7. Once you have defined the purpose of the app, and the goal you aim to achieve from the app, comes the most important question- which platform to choose for developing the mobile app. You will need to list out the pros and cons of iOS and Android, and based on the list choose the platform that best suits your needs.
8. When developing the mobile app for facial recognition, you should ideally check for competition as well. If there are competitors in the segment, you will need to address what they have that makes them successful, and what are the flaws that exist in their system. Once you have identified them, you will be able to give an app solution that will close the gaps existent in the system.
9. Once you have selected the platform, you next need to decide upon the features you want in the mobile app for facial recognition. The interface design and the complexity level for the app should be decided at this point.
10. Once you have decided upon all these things, it is time to work on the execution strategy, and finally, execute your idea and develop the app.
A proper execution remains incomplete without complete testing and deployment of the app. It is important to work through the full cycle of app development for your facial recognition app in order to bring to the market quality app solutions. Facial recognition apps make life easy and offer complete security to the user.
Sodio offers facial recognition app solutions with full cycle development and deployment. We bring your idea to life with our extensive development and execution strategies.
Want a Similar App?
Get In Touch