Online Jewelry Shopping App Development
The online shopping of jewelry has skyrocketed in the last few years, part of the reason for this would be the increased tendency of people to look online for all their needs. The improved consumer experience and hassle-free payments act as a bonus on top of it. It might seem unrealistic at first, but the fact of the matter is, you can increase your total revenue by 200% by having an online jewelry shopping app.
Chris Gerbig, Co-Founder, Pink Lily Boutique said
“A year ago we were doing this all out of our living room while working other full-time jobs. Now we have a business doing more than $1,000,000 in sales every month”
The E-commerce Environment
The e-commerce sector is on a roll, it has witnessed a growth of 25 % YoY in 2017. More than 50% of the population in most of the developed and developing countries are shopping online. The e-commerce revenues eclipsed the $400 billion mark in 2017 pertaining to a range of factors such as increased reach of the Internet around the world, advancements made in logistics, improved User Experience over the internet, and many more. One way to look at the e-commerce would be to estimate what portion is going to take home from 2018 expectation of $460 billion as the e-commerce revenue.
A few more quick facts released by Big Commerce about e-commerce will help you realize how much is actually there on the table.
- 51% of Americans prefer to shop online.
- 53% of U.S. parents have shopped on marketplaces, 78% at large retailer sites, 53% on websites or independent boutiques, and 34% at category-specific online stores.
- Although they have greater proximity to physical stores, customers in large or mid-size metropolitan areas spend more online annually ($853) than suburban shoppers ($768) or those in rural areas ($684).
- 51% of Americans think shopping online is the best way to shop, with 49% preferring shopping in-store.
- Americans spend 64% of their shopping budget in-store, and 36% online.
All this must be enough for you to realize the potential that e-commerce has to increase your growth.
How to get apart from that $460 billion e-commerce pie?
Now that you have decided to take on the market and make sure you get a share of the e-commerce revenue, let us walk you through the process of getting there. With almost 2.5 billion smartphone users in the world and an expectation to reach the 3 billion mark by 2020, and the fact that these smartphone users spend almost 90% of their time on mobile apps tell something. Having an online jewelry mobile app is the best thing you can do to their business.
If you doubt the importance of having your own mobile app and think that having your products on Shopify, Etsy or eBay, then you are in for a surprise. Mammoths like YouTube, Bloomberg, Amazon and many others were already dominating their respective marketplace, but they still went for mobile apps. Think, Why? The answer is simple because the mobile apps revenue is expected to be doubled in the next year.
What should the mobile app for your online jewelry business be like?
Getting the perfect mobile app for your online jewelry shop is not an easy task, too. The app should be able to make the life of users easier and ultimately drive your revenue growth. It should be able to stand out from the other apps in terms of UI, navigation and many other aspects. Not only that, your mobile app should be able to integrate the various marketing platforms such as Facebook, Pinterest, and email tools. Getting yourself a mobile app which has a great score on all these parameters will help you cut through the enormous competition in the online jewelry business.
Let’s have a look at the main functionalities must for your online jewelry shopping app.
- Organized Product lines and user-centric “Wishlist”, “Cart” and “Check-out”– Your online jewelry shopping app is, in a way, instrumental to your convenience too. You can categorize your product lines and group your products in a more robust manner by creating product numbers, names and much more.
This will improve user experience, and hence result in sales growth. Making sure that the Cart, Wishlist, check-out and other similar features are optimal is a must, too. A recent consumer psychology has revealed that the average documented online shopping cart abandonment rate is 69.23%, which means a significant portion of your revenue down the tubes.
So, having great check-out and other crucial features awesome will ensure you a great online jewelry shopping App.
- Reliable and Simplified Payment methods – The mobile app will also help you incorporate simplified and reliable payment gateways. Not only that, third-party payment systems can also be used when using your own mobile app.
- Ability to go Omni-Platform and Omni Device– Having a mobile app for your business will help you take measures necessary to create it’s Omni-platform and Omni-device presence. According to Google, “About 85% of online shoppers start a purchase on one device and finish on another.”
- Web admin panel for the company– The mobile app should also have an admin panel which you can use to generate deeper insights from the available customer data. This admin panel can also be used for inventory management and order management.
Creating a mobile app with all these functionalities thousand others is really an overwhelming task. But getting the right mobile app developer can help you achieve this.
How can we help?
We, at Sodio Technologies, create mobile apps which can increase your company’s growth manifold. Sodio should definitely be your choice for mobile developer pertaining to the fact that we understand this business in such a depth, and have delivered numerous projects with great client satisfaction. Our team members are continuously striving for creating apps with astounding user experience and free of crashes and use the cutting-edge technical stack, such as Kotlin and SWIFT 4 for Android and iOS respectively. Having delivered successful projects for the likes of Nestle and General Electric, Sodio has almost 300 android and iOS apps in their portfolio. So, if you are seeking Online Jewelry Shopping app, feel free to contact us!